A quien se le ocurre hacer kite en una tormenta tropical

tuputamalder

Totalwind Fan
Hoy lo han dado en las noticias de Telecinco como algo que ha pasado estos dias, pero viendo el video, lleva 2 meses en el youtube (unos cracks estos de Telecinco [goofy] )

Al tema

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Y algunos comentarios de la gente:

Olympic Scores

9.8 for speed
4.6 for style
2.7 for creativity
10.0 for entertaining stupidity

Why is it that people from Florida have such a problem with common sense and hurricanes?

WTF???????

Dude..he went kite surfing in a tropical storm..there are consequences to failing to follow the basic rules of safety in any sport.

The guy ignored the rules and paid the price...don't expect sympathy here.

laurel2476
I bet that felt pretty cool flying through the air like that...until he hit something.

dabotz2117
i did not see ANY kite...dude is flyin! modern day like hancock or something. lol i didnt see a kite

IncomeGDI
Awesome! Idiots trying to fly kites during tropical storms make me laugh when they go flying through the air like paper dolls.

lwrounds1000
Yup... 70+ MPH winds. The weather men were right. I nominate him for the Darwin award.

[loco] y si no nos sorprendamos !!!!asi son los kiters esto esta dentro de los parametros esperables , esto entra no en extreme sports sino en idiot sports [bonk] [aiba] [saludo] , pobre tipo realmente!!!!!

aqui esta el mismo video con mejor calidad de imagen

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/weather/2008/08/19/florida.kite.boarder.wfor

Lo siento mucho por el pobre desgraciado, no es bueno alegrarse de las desgracias ajenas, sea o no sea kiter aunque la verdad es que uno se pregunta que demonios estaba pensando este. Espero que se recupere de esta y que intente el windsurf, es mas sano.

[qmeparto] dudas a ver:
1) seguira con el kite?
y si son tan pelotudos .....pro por favor que no se pase al windsurf, por favor se imaginan con el mastil por el orto..... [meparto]
2) y el kite que paso?
y es probable que siga en el corredor de tornados en usa.... [sorprendido]
3) consejo a kiters!!
porque ademas del kite no se ponen un paracaidas [bonk] capas al salir disparados para arriba con esto la caida no seria tan dura [aiba]
4) similitudes!!
i si es inevitable , parecia superkite al rescate no??? [qmeparto]

[crybaby] y si asi es el kite hasta la proxima aventura [qmeparto] [saludo] [heavy]

Estoy casi seguro que este tipo volando se llama o se llamaba, Keko Jones, casi seguro
Barbarazo!!!
Saludos
Pupo

Parece ser que el afectado niega que hubiera tenido tal accidente, no se acuerda de ello, y se niega a seguir tratamiento. También se intentó escapar del hospital. Según él, fue a navegar y despues de acabar se fue a cenar y a casa. Sus familiares dicen que su memoria se ha visto afectada.

y se convierte en culebrón, los del Miami Herald dicen que la familia ha vendido la exclusiva y no habla con ningún reportero más si no pagan [goofy]

The Herald has no additional information, as the family has apparently cut a deal with Inside Edition and is no longer talking to reporters who don’t pay them.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miami-dade/story/651073.html

Man in kite-surfing crash can't recall ordeal
The man whose dramatic kite-surfing crash was captured on video is recovering in the hospital. But he is resisting treatment, denying the crash ever happened

Kevin Kearney's kite-surfing crash made him an overnight sensation. But two days later, the thrill-seeker laid up with a broken back swears it's a case of mistaken identity.

In fact, he was so sure that doctors were treating the wrong person Wednesday that he set off nearly every alarm in Broward General Medical Center trying to get out, according to his mom.

X-rays tell a different story.

In the horrific -- but remarkably nonlethal -- accident, Kearney, 28, broke an ankle, a rib and his back in four places.

Less than 48 hours later, he was walking on his own.

''He doesn't know what he's gone through, but I thank God he's alive,'' said Alicia Paradise-Garza, Kearney's mother. ``All of us that have seen the video feel blessed. It's truly a miracle.''

As for Kearney, he hasn't seen the video, which was captured by a WFOR-CBS 4 cameraman and has since aired on local stations, cable TV and all over the Internet.

But if he continues resisting treatment, his mom said, she will show him bouncing off A1A and into a building -- if only to convince him that it happened.

Kearney had just finished kite-surfing on Fort Lauderdale beach Monday -- hours before Tropical Storm Fay made landfall -- when a gust of wind grabbed him like a twig. He landed in a heap after slamming into a wall.

He was rushed to Broward General in critical condition, but on Wednesday doctors upgraded his status to serious, said Kathie Capstack, a hospital spokeswoman.

Kearney is out of intensive care and has been moved to the progressive care unit, his mother said.

Yet, even when he looks in the mirror, he still refuses to believe what friends and family say he went through.

As far as he is concerned, he did kite-surf Monday, but afterward went to dinner and then home, his mother said.

''He might be remembering a completely different day,'' she said.

Mom said her son's memory may have been skewed when he hit his head. He suffered a small bruise on the brain; he has undergone two CT scans, with the latest showing improvement, she said.

It still isn't clear when he will be allowed to leave the hospital.

As for all the attention his death-defying flight has received, his mom has a message:

``It's not humorous. I've watched all those amazing videos before, but when it's yours, it's so horrific.''

y según el, como se rompio una costilla, un codo y la espalda en cuatro partes??? con todo esto, como sale andando por su propio pie solo 48 h despues???
[sorprendido]

Volver