Spots near Barcelona

ita4012

Usuario activo
Ola! I will be in Barcelona (Castelldefels) from the 27th of december until the 2 of january. I would like to know if there are spots for windsurfing in the nearby.
I'm an intermediate windsurfer (good waterstart, planing in the straps, basic jibe and tack). I have two fsw boards (of 111 and 86 liters). I like both flat water spots, and spots with some waves to surf (no more than 2 meters high). Could you give me some advice.

Thanks. Fabio

google translation:

Ola! Voy a estar en Barcelona (Castelldefels) desde el 27 de diciembre hasta el 2 de enero. Me gustaría saber si hay puntos para el windsurf en el cercano.
Soy un windsurfista intermedio (buena waterstart, cepillado en las correas, gybe básica y tachuela). Tengo dos tablas fsw (de 111 y 86 litros). Me gustan las dos manchas de agua y manchas planas con algunas olas para practicar surf (no más de 2 metros de altura). ¿Podría darme algunos consejos.

Gracias. Fabio

Traducción de google:
....(buena waterstart, cepillado en las correas, gybe básica y tachuela). [...] Me gustan las dos manchas de agua y manchas planas...
[meparto]

Traducción humana:
(buena waterstart, planeo con footstraps, trasluchada básica y virada). Me gustan los spots de agua plana y también los spots con algo de olas...

Hi Fabio, I can't give any advice but I enjoyed the google translation :)

Good wind!

anafi dijo:
Hi Fabio, I can't give any advice but I enjoyed the google translation :)

Good wind!

Ah, ah, also when I use google to translate to italian from another language, I often get a funny result. Thank you for your help.

Fabio

Hi
Do you have a car?,
Near is 20km or 400km?, in winter normally is Pals or Sant Pere Pescadors (Girona strong wind, but very cool) and maybe sometimes in Castelldefels, Prat de Llobregat, Badalona, more close to Barcelona.

fersan dijo:
Hi
Do you have a car?,
Near is 20km or 400km?, in winter normally is Pals or Sant Pere Pescadors (Girona strong wind, but very cool) and maybe sometimes in Castelldefels, Prat de Llobregat, Badalona, more close to Barcelona.

With Near I mean about 20 km.
Yes, we will travel by car from Italy. I've already been to San Pere (not yet to Pals). Good to know that also Castelldefels, Prat de Llobregat, and Badalona, sometimes are good for windsurfing.

Thanks. Fabio

fersan dijo:
This weekend a lot of people go to Leucate.

eh, eh, there some of my favourite spots there:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Have fun!

In winter you will find moderate to strong or even very strong (sometimes unsailable) winds in Girona coast (northerly cold winds), with several spots: Sant Pere Pescador (bay with different spots, most of them from flat to chop), Pals (waves; only with strong wind), Port the la Selva (difficult to arrive but wind arrives sooner and is very beautiful). Girona is 100km away from Barcelona, the coast arroun 1,5 hours. In winter you may have also SW, the closes spot from barcelona is Palamos (1,5hours) with open sea conditions. If you are lucky it is strong enoug to sail at Malgrat (1h).
At two hours from barcelona, in France winds from north blow more often, but it is colder and flat good freestyle or speed spots). With wind from SE there are waves, it is not so cold but cloudy.

Arround Barcelona (1/2 h) we have poor conditions in winter, but sometimes it is windy:
Cabrera, Barcelona, Badalona, El Prat (best spots, but it blows almost all coast or at different places stronger than others): waves with E. Nor very often.
SW is very unsusual and tricky in winter (is the common wind in summer: termic wind). It may appear due to a storm. Sailable at different places (similar to E)
Castelldefels: only spot were W enters and it brings good wavesailing conditions, but very gusty. NW enters also sometimes, but vety very very gusty

Volver