The End. Cuidado Masters of Speed!!

windchokero dijo:
Hola chifarra, lo digo más que nada por consideración con el compañero. Esa persona es dificil que le pase algo pero también te digo que si por algún caso empieza a dolerle de verdad iba a tener media hora a grito pelado rabiando como un perro y puede llegar a asustarse bastante. Yo por lo menos no me quedaría tranquilo sabiendo que esa persona tiene que andar tanto tiempo en ese estado pero bueno, solo es mi punto de vista.

Saludos [saludo]

Muy buenas windchokero.
A mi me da la impresión de que al herido le da por andar, que no quería quedarse parado. Menuda rayada se debe llevar encima cuando aquello empieza a palpitar. Realmente es para decirle que se siente en el césped y se tranquilice hasta que llegue la ambulancia. Desde mi punto de vista, teniendo en cuenta que soy un pobretón, valoro cada euro que me he gastado en la tabla y el aparejo nuevos (y han sido 2500 del ala). En una situación como esa es posible que lo último que le importe a cualquiera es el material, claro está, hasta que a la mañana siguiente, con el brazo escayolado, te acuerdes. Es algo secundario pero que agradecería enormemente. Que alguna gente se ocupara del material, equipo de grabación y ¿coche?.
Lo de acompañar... a donde? Si vienen a por el. Lo que no acabo de entender es que se salga del aparcamiento a hacer el camino de Santiago.

No quería dar la impresión de frivolizar con el tema porque en el windsurf, siendo un deporte de acción, estamos expuestos a que esto pueda ocurrirnos. No quiero ni pensarlo pero solo daba mi opinión en base a las imágenes que he visto.
Un Saludo.
Ta lueee

Enblat dijo:
Bueno bueno,....pero como se puede decir que no si me pasara a mi no me imporataria que nadie me acompañase.

Si te refieres a mi, yo no he dicho esto que has escrito. Lee bien mi comentario pero entiendo lo que dices y pienso exactamente igual que tú.

Saludos.

Hello guys,

I've seen on my youtube page that there were quite some views from here. I don't understand a single word of Spanish, but with the online translator I could figure out that there are some concerns about my walk back (alone). Just to clarify: I was in full control, no panic at all, even the pain was not an issue (adrenaline ?). We are all (very) good friends and I've sailed there already a couple of times (2 weeks before I did a PR 10 sec run of 80+). Even 4 teammembers (gpstc) were present that day. Tom (teammember who tried to pull my wrist back into position) wanted to guide me back to the road. As this means you have to leave your gear (mine was there already in excess!!), there is a chanche that you'll never be back on time to save your gear. The way back is horrible, can't imagine to do this 3 times in a row (1 time with me, 1 time back, 1 time with your gear fighting against +40 kts wind). As I was fully capable of doing the walk balk all alone (with visual back-up from Angelo), I decided not to argue, but started to walk. I was already happy that another teammeber swum to my gear and that they would take care of the transport of my board and sail (which afterwards was hell !!). I recovered everything except for my extra 10 kgs of lead ;-)

If my condition was in question only a few percent, somebody would have accompanied me !!

Don't forget that this spot is a pain in the ass to reach and that you have to have a very good physical condition if you want to sail over there in +40 kts...

I do have alot of support of almost all the speedsurfers in Belgium/Netherlands and that feels like a big family.

Next year I will be back on the water, but I will force myself not to go to the extremes anymore. My Missile XS (43 wide, 54L) is already sold...

Aloha, Benjamin

the end dijo:
Hello guys,

I've seen on my youtube page that there were quite some views from here. I don't understand a single word of Spanish, but with the online translator I could figure out that there are some concerns about my walk back (alone). Just to clarify: I was in full control, no panic at all, even the pain was not an issue (adrenaline ?). We are all (very) good friends and I've sailed there already a couple of times (2 weeks before I did a PR 10 sec run of 80+). Even 4 teammembers (gpstc) were present that day. Tom (teammember who tried to pull my wrist back into position) wanted to guide me back to the road. As this means you have to leave your gear (mine was there already in excess!!), there is a chanche that you'll never be back on time to save your gear. The way back is horrible, can't imagine to do this 3 times in a row (1 time with me, 1 time back, 1 time with your gear fighting against +40 kts wind). As I was fully capable of doing the walk balk all alone (with visual back-up from Angelo), I decided not to argue, but started to walk. I was already happy that another teammeber swum to my gear and that they would take care of the transport of my board and sail (which afterwards was hell !!). I recovered everything except for my extra 10 kgs of lead ;-)

If my condition was in question only a few percent, somebody would have accompanied me !!

Don't forget that this spot is a pain in the ass to reach and that you have to have a very good physical condition if you want to sail over there in +40 kts...

I do have alot of support of almost all the speedsurfers in Belgium/Netherlands and that feels like a big family.

Next year I will be back on the water, but I will force myself not to go to the extremes anymore. My Missile XS (43 wide, 54L) is already sold...

Aloha, Benjamin

Hi Benjamin.

I hope your injury was not very serious. Your accident was very impressive. In the images we see you go quite a distance alone. I´m glad you were surrounded by friends at that location but at the video there was just two or three persons. I assume you were talking about it with them. Is hard for me to imagine how a +80km/h feels like over that board and much less a crash. I´m glad that at the end your gear was on good hands.

Take care and get well soon!

[000203E9.gif]

the end dijo:
Hello guys,

Aloha, Benjamin

Hi there Benjamin,

Thanks for clarifying the situation. That was a nasty accident you had and it did seem like you were alone in dealing with the problem, but it's good to know that was not the case. The speed and seriousness of the injury made it appear rather serious, so we are glad that you were in good hands and properly cared for. That's another positive aspect of the windsurfing community everywhere... we look out for one another! [applaudit]

Take care and as we say here, "Buen viento!". (Good wind!)

Cheers!

Volver